At SuperSonicSelf, we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy explains when and why we collect personal information about you, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, how we keep it safe and secure and your rights and choices in relation to your information.
Any questions regarding this policy and our privacy practices should be sent by email to email@example.com.
How do we collect information from you?
We collect and/or process your Personal Data in connection with the below activities related to our Services and/or Products, from here onwards referred to as Products:
- Account registration
- Use of certain Product features
- Generating reports based on information collected from use of our Products
- Requesting service and support for our Products and providing such support
- Placing transactions or orders
- Registering to attend a seminar, webinar, workshop or challenge
- Participating in an online survey
- Billing and collecting payments for our Products
- Participating in discussion groups or forums
- Registering for newsletter subscriptions
- Customizing the advertising and content you see
What type of information is collected from you?
We collect the following categories of Personal Data about you when you use or otherwise interact with our Products:
- Email address
- Home/work/mobile telephone number
- Postal or other physical address
- Credit/debit card information
How and why is your information used and how it is processed?
We will only process your Personal Data if we have a lawful basis for doing so. Lawful bases for processing include consent, contractual necessity (i.e. processing that is necessary for the performance of a contract with you, such as your terms of agreement with us that allows us to provide you with the Products) and our “legitimate interests” or the legitimate interest of others (e.g. our users) such as:
- Personalizing, improving or operating our Products and business
- Better understanding your needs and interests
- Fulfilling requests you make related to the Products
- Providing you with information and offers from us or third parties
- Complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes with users, enforcing our agreements
- Protecting, investigating and deterring against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized or illegal activity
We process Personal Data for purposes such as:
- To process your orders and deliver the Products that you have ordered
- To provide reports based on information collected from use of our Products
- To keep you up to date on the latest Product announcements, updates, upgrades, system enhancements, special offers, and other information
- To provide support and assistance for our Products
- To provide the ability to create personal profile areas and view protected content
- To provide the ability to contact you and provide you with shipping and billing information
- To provide customer feedback and support
- To provide and administer contests or other marketing or promotional activities.
- To the extent you choose to participate, to conduct questionnaires and surveys in order to provide better products and services to our customers and end users
- To personalize marketing communications and website content based on your preferences, such as in response to your request for specific information on products and services that may be of interest
- To contact individuals that you refer to us and identify you as the source of the referral, in accordance with the “Referral” section below
- To meet contract or legal obligations
How long is your information kept for?
We keep your information for no longer than is necessary for the purposes it was collected for. The length of time we retain your personal information for is also determined by operational and legal considerations. For example, we are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory and regulatory obligations (e.g. health/safety and tax/accounting and insurance purposes).
Who has access to your information?
- We do not sell or rent your information to third parties.
- We do not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
- We share Personal Data within SuperSonicSelf for purposes of data processing or storage such as Active Campaign and other third party platforms.
- We may also share Personal Data with business partners, service vendors and/or authorized third-party agents or contractors in order to provide requested Products or transactions, including processing orders, processing credit card transactions, hosting websites, hosting event and seminar registration and providing customer support. Product or transaction providing customer support.
Data protection law requires us to rely on one or more lawful grounds to process your personal information. We consider the following grounds to be relevant:
Where you have provided specific consent to us using your personal information in a certain way, such as to send you email, text and/or telephone you regarding any aspect of your Foot Care treatment or associated services.
Performance of a Contract
Where we are entering into a contract with you or performing our obligations under it, like when you buy SuperSonicSelf services or products.
Where necessary so that we can comply with a legal or regulatory obligation to which we are subject, for example by our insurers or the taxation authorities.
Where it is necessary to protect life or health (for example in the case of medical emergency suffered by an individual at one of our consultations) or a safeguarding issue which requires us to share your information with the emergency services.
You can choose whether to provide Personal Data to SuperSonicSelf, but note that you may be unable to access certain options, offers, and services if they require Personal Data that you have not provided. You can sign-up, and therefore consent, to receive email or newsletter communications from us. If you would like to discontinue receiving these communications, you can update your preferences by using the “Unsubscribe” link found in such emails or by contacting us using the information in the “Contact Us” section of this policy.
Under UK data protection law, you have certain rights over the personal information that we hold about you. Here is a summary of the rights that we think apply:
Right of Access
You have a right to request access to the personal data that we hold about you.
You also have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you, and we will provide you with this unless legal exceptions apply.
If you want to access your information, please just ask one of us to show it to you.
Right to have your Inaccurate Personal Information Corrected
You have the right to have inaccurate or incomplete information we hold about you corrected. The accuracy of your information is important to us so if you change address, telephone number or have new relevant health issues or if you believe any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please email on firstname.lastname@example.org
Right of Erasure
You may ask us to delete some or all of your personal information and in certain cases, and subject to certain exceptions; we will do so as far as we are required to. In many cases, we will anonymise that information, rather than delete it.
Right to Complain
You have a right to complain to the ICO if you feel there is a problem with the way we handle your data, however, we would prefer you approach us first so we may rectify any issues.
Right to Withdraw Consent
You have the right to withdraw consent in regards to us holding your data, by us at: email@example.com or unsubscribing.
Keeping your information safe
When you give us personal information, we take steps to ensure that appropriate administrative and organisational controls are in place to protect it. SuperSonicSelf utilizes a combination of industry-standard security technologies, procedures, and organizational measures to help protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. When we transfer credit card information over the Internet, we protect it using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology.
We recommend you take every precaution in protecting your Personal Data when you are on the Internet. For example, change your passwords often, use a combination of letters and numbers when creating passwords, and make sure you use a secure browser. If you have any questions about the security of your Personal Data, you can contact us.
Keeping your information up-to-date
We take reasonable steps to ensure your information is accurate and up to date and we really appreciate it if you let us know when your contact details change.
16 or Under
We are concerned to protect the privacy of children aged 16 or under. If you are aged 16 or under‚ please get your parent/guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide us with personal information.
We are committed to protecting vulnerable customers and volunteers and appreciate that additional care may be needed when we use their personal information. In recognition of this, we observe good practice guidelines in our interactions with vulnerable people.
Linked websites and Third Party Services
Our websites and services may provide links to other third-party websites and services which are outside our control and not covered by this policy. We encourage you to review the privacy policies posted on these (and all) sites you visit or services you use.